Wednesday, December 21, 2011

One Down... Nine to Go! Next stop: 6160

I knew that I would be learning a lot during this course, I just didn't realize how much of it would be about myself! This course taught me to look inside myself and examine my experiences and motivations,  it reaffirmed my passion for children and taught me how better to serve them along their journey to adulthood, it opened my eyes and mind to a wealth of resources, and made me realize that even though I don't speak to congress or write letters to the president - I am still an advocate for children.
It is with mixed emotion that I look forward to the next class: excited to see what is next along my educational and professional journey and nervous about the prospect of keeping up this pace for the next 20 months! I will also miss reading discussions and posts from many of you, but I know that I still have your blogs in my reader so we won't be completely out of touch. And, who knows, our paths may cross again in the next couple of years!
(I wish I had some profound quote to end with, but...)
God Bless,

5 comments:

  1. Laura,

    I just want to say thank you for what you have done this term. You have created and maintained a great blog, with posts that have really been interesting. I know you posted at first that you had some jitters, but it has come along well! You also have given me useful feedback on my posts, by including your personal take/experiences.

    Thanks again!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would like to thank you for your discussion and blog postings throughout this course. Each week I knew your blog postings would be amazing as you always added extra details to make them more interesting. I loved how you included so many inspiration quotes and added graphics to reinforce the quotes. I remember the posting about those who influenced us as children and how you had a whole presentation for your family and friends who supported you. At the time I remember thinking WOW what a great tribute to the people who played an important role in your life. I hope our paths cross again as we continue on this journey of higher education. I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your ideas and insight on early childhood education. I have enjoyed reading your blog and have appreciated your responses to mine. I wish you well in your journey and know that you will share your enthusiasm for the ECE field with your students. You have a creative touch and you present what you want others to learn in a fun way. Good luck and I hope to have more discussions with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for allowing me to feel like I was on this adventure with you. I always knew that when I would go to your blog, I would find some interesting information that would also help me. I really appreciate the time and effort you took in making sure that we, as your colleagues, knew who you really were as a teacher and as a person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura,
    Everyone above has the right idea! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us and leaving such encouraging comments for us as well.

    Have a wonderful holiday and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete