Thursday, October 25, 2012

6164 Final Post: Hopes, Dreams, Farewells

HOPES:
It is amazing to me that Raffi has been one of my favorite children’s artists since my girls were preschoolers, yet I had never before heard his “remix” of the preamble; what an amazing commentary on how we should view children. I join him and so many others in holding this hope for our children. Thank you, Louise, for introducing me to it! 





DREAMS:
Children are our most valuable asset, they must be heard; their needs met; policies implemented demonstrating that value free from the institutional injustices plaguing our world. 

FAREWELL:The perspectives we’ve shared have helped lay a foundation on which for me to continue to build my understanding and connection with issues related to diversity and equity in children and the families we serve. I have enjoyed our discussions and knowing that I am not in this alone. As we near the final lap of our journey together I hope to have the opportunity to work with some of you again – even into our specializations. Thank you!



3 comments:

  1. Laura,
    I love Raffi! I still play his music in my Head Start classroom. It is so nice collaborating with others through this course, it does make you feel like you are not alone. Thank you for all your interesting posts, I wish you the best in your future.
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,

    Thanks for introducing me to Raffi. I also enjoyed discussing things with you all for tis course. It is nice to see what others have to say and what are on others minds. Diversity and social justice is a topics that we all have to be able and willing to open up and discuss honesty. We have to be truthful to ourselves in oder to make the necessary corrections and provide for our parents and children in a positive and respectful matter.

    Good luck to you and hope to see you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,
    Raffi is amazing. This was a very interested course & I enjoyed working you you as well. Diversity and social justices are just a few topics that are hardly discussed in the field of education today. I feel as if we all learned a wealth of information to improve any negative aspects of these topics related to education.Great post by the way and best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete