Thursday, June 27, 2013

Final Post for MS ECS - I can't believe it!

Lessons Learned: 







Whether it is deciding to pursue a degree or change a child’s world, the road will contain obstacles. It is how we choose to deal with those obstacles that will determine the extent of our success.













The difference we make may be small at the time, but the shadows that we cast can reach much farther than we ever dreamed possible and change lives in a ways that are unexpected.












Even though we search for evidence of great growth and change – each step along a meaningful journey has accomplishments, especially in the lives of children. As early childhood professionals, it is our job to not only aid in that development, but also look for those milestones and celebrate each child’s successes!





Long Term Goal: 


While this is certainly 
the kind of scale that 
my current project
is focused on, 


my eventual goal is that one day these scales will tilt in favor of children and families and that they will receive the support, services, and respect for what they are –  the foundation of our future!




For My Classmates: 






4 comments:

  1. I wish you the best as you continue on your journey. Thanks you for your ideas and support. Your lessons learned speak volume and they are very encouraging. Take care and if I can help with anything in the future please feel free to contact me at starrv12002yahoo.com

    Thanks again,
    Vinson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,
    I love your creativity on this blog! It made me laugh and I leave it today feeling inspired. God bless you as you continue moving forward to make positive social change in this field!

    Laurie Rothwell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,
    It has been a journey but one well worth taking. I wish you the best in you continued journey in the early childhood field. Thank you for your insight and discussions throughout this program.

    Best,
    Julie Yamada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura,

    This is such a great post! Thanks for you ideas, thoughts and at times, challenges in viewing a certain topic in different ways. I believe that you will acheive great success in the future as you are a great asset to the early childhood field. I wish you the best.

    Anetria

    ReplyDelete